1 Suzie the Foodie: Koo-E Nami Royale, Halifax, Nova Scotia

Monday, December 3, 2012

Koo-E Nami Royale, Halifax, Nova Scotia

Koo-E Nami Royale, Halifax, Nova Scotia

Koo-E Nami Royale is a Korean restaurant located on 1535 Dresden Row, just past Cora's.

Koo-E Nami Royale, Halifax, Nova Scotia

We still do not have any snow (miracle!) so when the guys got together for D&D the ladies took the opportunity to go out for lunch. The place is spacious, warm and quite beautiful. It has a seating capacity of over 100 people. All lunch entrĂ©es at Koo-E Nami Royale are only $7.99.

Koo-E Nami Royale, Halifax, Nova Scotia

"The fine dining restaurant and bar creates memorable experiences while binding Canadian and Korean culture with good taste."Koo-E Nami Royale

Koo-E Nami Royale, Halifax, Nova Scotia

I loved the long and luxurious stainless steel spoon and chopsticks, which I found easier to use than the plastic ones. In fact I would love to have some of my own!


The Food

Koo-E Nami Royale, Halifax, Nova Scotia

Last time we visited a Korean restaurant I ordered the Bento Box which is similar to the Bulgogi Platter but this time I wanted seafood so I got the Seafood Stir-Fry Platter that came with octopus! That would be a first for me.

Koo-E Nami Royale, Halifax, Nova Scotia

We all received lovely Korean salads to start, always so fresh and delicious. I must discover a recipe for that dressing!

Koo-E Nami Royale, Halifax, Nova Scotia

We received sprouts and kimchi and wow, this kimchi really kicked! Very good though but it lived up to its overpowering reputation. Kapow! Nice...

Koo-E Nami Royale, Halifax, Nova Scotia

At first I could not see a lot of seafood under all the fresh vegetables but it was there. I ordered mine to have the sweet soy sauce version which was delicious. I did add some of the table's hot chili sauce too which made it perfect. And the octopus? Fantastic!

Koo-E Nami Royale, Halifax, Nova Scotia

Alissa ordered the Bibimbap which is a stir fry topped with a sunny side-up egg. The bowl is so hot that the eggs cooks into the dish as you stir it.

Koo-E Nami Royale, Halifax, Nova Scotia

Sarah got the Tofu Platter and let us try the tofu which was crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Delicious!

Koo-E Nami Royale, Halifax, Nova Scotia

I can not remember what Emily and Jen ordered but there was a lot of stirring involved. All of us loved our meals and I would definitely go back for more.

Koo-E Nami Royale, Halifax, Nova Scotia

From the photos on the wall it is clear this restaurant has a result crowd of people who love hanging out and enjoying the food.

"At dinner, enjoy exotic flavors of the orient, prepared right at your table at Koo-E Nami Royale Grill. This "Unique Cook-it-Yourself" concept provides for a delicious and entertaining dining experience." Koo-E Nami Royale

Now that is something I want to experience too! The food is so fresh and to have it cooked right at your table? Talk about an exciting foodie experience!

Koo-E Nami Royale, Halifax, Nova Scotia

It was great catching up on Saturday, having a healthy and tasty lunch together and then heading off for some more adventures.

Koo-E Nami Royale, Halifax, Nova Scotia

This is a wonderful restaurant and if you need a space for a party and want to do something a little different, I highly recommend Koo-E Nami Royale.

Koo-E Nami Royale, Halifax, Nova Scotia

My only complaint is the washroom was too clean! Yes, you read right. If I had been in there a couple of more minutes I would have had a migraine from the industrial cleaners. For those scent-sensitive like me, you might want to send a scout before using the facilities.


Foodie Conclusion

Koo-E Nami Royale, Halifax, Nova Scotia

I loved having lunch at Koo-E Nami Royale with my friends. We did not feel cramped or rushed and the food was so varied and wonderful. The price for lunch is a fantastic deal and the dish I had was so tasty I want to come back for dinner.

I give this restaurant four and a half out of five wooden spoons. 

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Sounds wonderful! There used to be a terrific Korean restaurant in Winnipeg called (for some inexplicable reason) "Tokyo Joe's" where you would cook your own meal at the table on a grill called a Genghis Khan. I loved that place! From the outside the restaurant looked like an abandoned shack where rubbies would hang out, but inside it was heaven!

Suzie Ridler said...

I love the name, Toyko Joe's, that's awesome. They had a similar sort of cooking top on the table but I'm not sure it was called Genghis Khan, LOL. Nice!

B said...

I had a great time at Koo-E Nami. I didn't find the bathroom to be strong in cleaners...maybe they had just cleaned it?
We had the dinner buffet (just under $20) and it was so worth it!
Great place!!